Saturday, November 10, 2012

Outhouse Clocks...

...because any time is a good time for a bathroom break.  ROFL...

Hey Stitchers, Nick The Stitch here and totally wiped.  So I'm going to keep this short but inspirational.  I hope you're having a great weekend so far.

Today was a gorgeous day to work outside and build clocks out of wood.  It was in the high 60's to low 70's, sunny with a little breeze, and very low humidity.  In fact right now, if you threw me into a pool, I would beat Bounty as "the quicker picker-upper", that is how dry my body feels.  So I'm rehydrating with water and tasty coffee.

Had to do a little touchup work on the Rustic Birdhouse Clocks being sold through Second Chances Art on Etsy (a collab project), and then just whipped out my saber saw and the wood planks and just tore them into Rustic Outhouse Clocks, complete with little crescent moon on the upper half of the "door" that I demarcated with the wood chisels (the moon I cut with the saber saw, which has a curve-cut feature).

I promise I will have photos, but I am just so exhausted from being outside and exposed to the low humidity all day that I simply don't have the energy to shoot them (plus I still have a little touchup to do, and there's 3 outhouses).

A huge shout-out to my neighbor Roy, he gave me a tabletop workstation that his dad used to own and it came in handy, especially with cutting thin strips of wood from a 1x4.  I have never had such straight-cut results in my life.  Thank you, Roy, I honestly hope Santa gets a hernia with all the good stuff he will put in your stocking.

And a good night to you as well, Stitchers.  Many blessings and stay awesome.

-Nick The Stitch
NickTheStitch@Gmail.com
614-321-5009

No comments:

Post a Comment