Monday, November 12, 2012

Grandfather! You're a big, bad...

...CLOCK!  rofl...

Hey Stitchers!  Nick The Stitch here with some tasty goodies and about time, wouldn't ya think?  In addition to needlecrafting, I do dabble in building some cool stuff in wood.  Granted, I'm not a contractor nor am I a school-trained carpenter, so if you want me to build a house.... yeah, don't ask.

BUT!  If you want something small, cool, and useful, then we'll talk.  I do custom stuff, so hit me an email and let me know what it is and I'll figure something out.

For example... I will be hitting the St. Theresa Roman Catholic Church's Kris Kringle Festival on Dec. 1st from 8AM-2PM EST.  And I will be bringing the birdhouse clocks, outhouse clocks and a couple Grandfather-style wall clocks that have key hangers (plus train and holiday wood decorations, the Whackadoos for the kids, and hopefully a few wood block cars).

At the moment, I've gotten from Stage 1... with the raw materials and my trusty saber saw....


...to Stage 2... pieces cut and ready to sand and chisel...


...which is on tomorrow's to-do list.  The parts are also going to be sanded and stained/painted, and if I do the whole jigsaw puzzle thing right, it will actually end up looking like an old-school grandfather clock you can hang by the front door.  At least, that's the theory.  Approximate size: 26" tall, 12" wide, about 4-1/2" deep.

So that's what I've been up to today.  And tomorrow's going to be dusty, dirty, and thirsty work.  But I believe it's a good day when I go home tired, sweaty and covered in sawdust.  What are some of your best types of end-of-workdays?  Sound off!

And stay awesome, because you are!

-Nick The Stitch
NickTheStitch@Gmail.com
614-321-5009

No comments:

Post a Comment