Saturday, October 20, 2012

Drill, Baby, Drill!

Hey Stitchers!  Nick The Stitch here, it's getting a bit nipply out here in North Florida but y'know what?  It sure beats 95+ degree low temps in Miami!  And what a great day it was too!

Got my 8" drill press today, got a chance to look it over, and it's amazing!  Five speeds, adjustable height and angle (really cool!), weighs a friggin ton but has the moves like Jager.  Just without the Jager, but with coffee instead.

YouTube was also very educational on some tips and tricks involving using the band saw, which will come in handy once I get the feed guard from the store so I can see if the blade needs adjusting or if it's just me (which it could be).

I will have an event announcement on Monday, and hopefully by this time next week I will have another one for you as well.  Really looking forward to it, because this event organizer was really good at running the show a few weeks back and they upgraded my booth this time.



One last thing... I made a good friend this week, "+Starfox Dreamsinger", and we jammed at his place earlier.  Fox plays sax, and although he's a bit gun-shy and has a habit of stuttering and having his thoughts go faster than he can speak, he is a really cool cat.  And from what little he knows how to play, he has a knack of taking his intensity and controlling it into the notes.  If you get the chance, look him up on Google+.  Might have another jam session soon, depends on how quickly I can locate more cheese.  Apparently Fox is crazy about Brie cheese.

Until next time, stay awesome and keep doing ROAKs... you never know when you'll be in need of one.  See you Monday!

-NTS
NickTheStitch@Gmail.com
614-321-5009

No comments:

Post a Comment