Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Back to Work, You Lazy Corpse!

Ahhhhh, how I miss the "Dilbert" TV series from the late 90's.  Gotta love the Elbonian management!

Hey Stitchers!  Nick the Stitch here and tired as all hell, hope your day has been crazy productive too.  Got a lot done today too, so I'm happy.  Tired, but happy.  But enough kvetching, let's get to the nitty gritty!

First, I am not dead.  Things here got nuts at the shop, but it's all good and (relatively) back to normal.  Which is good.  I think.

Okay, now for that event announcement I promised, it took some negotiations but I managed to nail it... I will be hitting St. Theresa Roman Catholic Church for their "Kris Kringle Festival" on December 1st, from 8AM-2PM (11528 S. E. US Hwy 301, Belleview, Florida 34420) for Nick The Stitch.  They were really nice letting me come back to cause more mayhem, and even put me at Booth 73, right across from the Main Hall.  So look for the big blue gazebo tent with really cool looking clocks and other home decor wood stuff.  There will definitely be some clocks (including a second version), some holiday ornaments, even stuff in case you're looking for something to put on your holiday or train scenes.  As always, yes, we'll take cash... but we'll still be offering a 10% discount for all purchases paid entirely by debit/credit, courtesy of those awesome boys at Square.


And last but not least, I am building a big-a$$ wood desk for a family member who has a disability and can't use her current desk due to a new computer completely changing her desk's layout.  Got most of it designed, just need a miracle on the wood but there's a place up 441 from me that is a lumber wholesaler (sorry, Lowes, but you're just too small and expensive for this) so I might be able to score some good half-inch pine sheets.  This will also be my first time dovetailing, although they will be square-sided, not geared as I'm not ready just yet for that.

However, I will be taking a LOT of photos throughout the process, and if you like what you see, I should be able to make a similar one for you (I will have to figure out the shipping, which in all likelihood will not be cheap, but will worry about that later.)

So that's what I've been up to lately, but know it wasn't that I was bailing on you.  Sometimes things get hectic, and I do appreciate what you offer me as support.  Have a great evening and stay awesome!

-NTS
http://www.etsy.com/shop/nickthestitch
NickTheStitch@Gmail.com
614-321-5009

No comments:

Post a Comment